Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

the Movie Record Button On Your DSLR

  learningdslrvideo.com/check-before-record/

Run and Gun Style

1. Resolution and frame rate
2. AWB, if I have a few more seconds to spare I will see what the other WB settings look like on the screen
3. ISO - inside outside?
4. Picture Styles - normally shoot standard especially if I am running fast
5. Shutter Speed - easy to jog it 50th for 1080 and 125th for 720
6. then I check focus and hit record

Planned Shoot (Additional Items to Check)

1. Custom white balance
2. I will check the 'blinky's' to see if I am over exposed anywhere (I am not too good at reading histograms yet)
3. Use an 18% gray card to double check the exposure
4. Double check the audio - disable the AGC on my t2i

Somethings I never check because I never change them

1. AF mode - quick focus
2. AF during movie - enable
3. Movie exposure - manual
4. Grid Display - grid 1
5. Highlight Tone Priority - disable
6. Always on Quick Focus using the center or top focus point,
7. Auto Lighting Optimizer on standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment